[Ecls-list] asd and package location

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Mon Feb 21 05:52:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:16:44 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> wrote:

> Julian Stecklina wrote:
>
> >And does someone have an idea where asdf-install should put packages
> >it downloaded? One possibility is that one has a directory layout
> >much like SBCL's with ~/.ecl/site for source and ~/.ecl/systems for
> >links to the asd's. The problem is that .ecl is a valid name for the
> >ECL initialisation file. Has someone a problem if only .eclrc is used
> >for that purpose?
> >
> I have no problem with that. BTW, do you know what are the names used
> by  other implementations? Is there a common file name that could be
> used to  configure them all (like ~/.lisprc), distinguishing
> implementations with  #+/#-?

To my knowledge SBCL uses ~/.sbcl/ to store packages and ~/.sbclrc for
initialisation. CMUCL uses ~/.cmucl-init.lisp.

Something like ~/.commonlisprc would be nice certainly. But you can
always do (load ".commonlisprc") in your .eclrc/.sbclrc. ;)

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

-- Common Lisp can do what C, C++, Java, PASCAL, PHP, Perl, (you --
-- name it) can do. Here's how:                                  --
-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592395             --