[Ecls-list] SBCL compatibility

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Sun Feb 20 07:53:42 UTC 2005

Hello,

after close inspection of asdf-install, I realized that I either
have to rewrite it or port non-trivial parts of SBCL's SB-EXT package to
ECL.

If no one has any compelling reasons not to go with the first
alternative, I would go that way. Maybe I'll implement some Scheme
Shell-like process abstractions and a POSIX-layer on the way, so that we
later can add SB-EXT on top. But looking at the documentation to
sb-ext:run-program, I see that I do not want to implement this now. :)

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

-- Common Lisp can do what C, C++, Java, PASCAL, PHP, Perl, (you --
-- name it) can do. Here's how:                                  --
-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592395             --