[Ecls-list] Providing contributed modules

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Fri Feb 18 10:42:13 UTC 2005

Hello,

just for my understanding: To add a module in contrib/ one needs to:

1. put the directory into contrib/
2. add an appropriate AC_ARG_WITH(foo, ...) line to src/configure.in
3. add a line that checks for foo and pushes foo onto ECL_MODULES to
   src/configure.in
4. add build magic to src/compile.lsp.in

5. recompile and be happy

Is is complete? I plan to add support for asdf-install, too. With those
two packages one could quite easily download all other packages one
might need.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

-- Common Lisp can do what C, C++, Java, PASCAL, PHP, Perl, (you --
-- name it) can do. Here's how:                                  --
-- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592395             --