[Ecls-list] CVS ECLS build failure

Greg Pfeil pfeil at amazon.com
Thu Dec 22 12:48:11 UTC 2005

I just checked out the newest ecls, and when I build with:

    ./configure --with-tcp --enable-threads
    make

I get the following error (as near as I can tell, the file does not exist):

> ;;; Compiling src:lsp;export.lsp.
;;; Note: Removing unused variable POP
;;; Note: Removing unused variable FINISHED
;;; Compiling (LET (#) ...).
;;; Warning: The variable ENV is not used.
;;; Note: Removing unused variable POP
;;; Note: Removing unused variable FINISHED
;;; Compiling (LET (#) ...).
;;; Warning: The variable ENV is not used.
;;; Compiling (LET (#) ...).
;;; Warning: The variable ENV is not used.
;;; Compiling (DEFUN EVAL-FEATURE ...).
;;; Compiling (DEFUN DO-READ-FEATURE ...).
;;; Compiling (DEFUN SHARP-+-READER ...).
;;; Compiling (DEFUN SHARP---READER ...).
;;; End of Pass 1.  Filesystem error with pathname
#P"build:lsp;export.data.NEWEST".
Either
 1) the file does not exist, or
 2) we are not allow to access the file, or
 3) the pathname points to a broken symbolic link.
Top level.