[Ecls-list] Small ECL Qt GUI demo in 111 lines

Paul Ruetz paul123.ruetz at tirol.com
Thu Dec 1 14:07:06 UTC 2005

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Goffioul Michael wrote:

> Now, I'm using the Smoke interface from KDE (kdebindings package, with
> some
> hacks to make it work with Qt4 under Windows). Smoke is a framework
> (automatically
> generated from Qt sources) that allows to access and look for classes
> and methods
> by name. It also provides a framework to overload C++ methods.

Wow, this really sounds much better than my approach, I didn't know
the Smoke interface.

For a really serious usage of all the Qt features, one must always use a
really object-oriented approach (although I don't like object-orientation
very much, I never use it except for GUI stuff, so I don't know anything
about CLOS).

> I'm sure we could help each other, or even work on the same
> mini-project:
> providing Qt4 bindings to ECL, couldn't we?

This would be nice, I really wondered if I where the only one of all the
Lisp users out there interested in a Qt integration! (With Qt4 it is much
more consistent than with the older versions.)

So I would like to contribute something to this interesting topic, but as
mentioned above I'm not really an OO disciple, and I would have to learn
CLOS first...

Anyway, very nice to hear that I'm not the only one interested in this
promising cross platform GUI topic.

Paul