[Ecls-list] Re: ECL and CLX ?

Julian Stecklina der_julian at web.de
Thu Aug 18 13:47:13 UTC 2005

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:48:06 -0700
GP lisper <spambait at CloudDancer.com> wrote:

> > Did you enable TCP sockets (socket interface) in your
> > build?
>
> Sure, but apparently there isn't a notification in *features* when you
> load sockets.fas.  Since the default is to turn sockets off, I wonder
> if they work.

socket.fas includes the sb-bsd-socket-style interface to BSD sockets.
si::open-client-stream is internal to ECL.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina

(Of course SML does have its weaknesses, but by comparison, a
 discussion of C++'s strengths and flaws always sounds like an
 argument about whether one should face north or east when one
 is sacrificing one's goat to the rain god.)         -- Thant Tessman