[Ecls-list] ecl on solaris 10

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Aug 11 02:28:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-10 at 22:59 -0700, Eric wrote:
> I was working with Juanjo on this, and he decided to
> quit responding to my emails about a month ago, so I
> can only assume he was not able to get it to work. But
> that's still rude as hell though. Why not just tell me
> what's going on?

Rude as hell? Come on, what do you expect from me. I do this project in
my free time, I am not a slave of it. I have been travelling, in Turin,
in Spain, I came back, I have real job to do, it is absolutely unrelated
to ECL and it is lagging a lot already.

The reason I could not work in the last time on the solaris port is
because I did not have a good connection and could not log in to your
machine. Working on other stuff, such as small fixes and so on is
simpler. I can do it on my laptop. Working on the solaris port requires
loggin in to the machine, watching a build process that takes 10
minutes, and then debugging. Now tell me how am I expected to do that
with a 19.000 bps connection, where my parents have to pay the telephone
bill.

Now let's see: I _now_ see that last email I got from you it was at
21:00 yesterday. And now you write me at 7:00 AM complaining because I
do not answer! I do not have an internet connection at home, but even if
I had it, you cannot expect me to be 24h there to answer all emails,
Eric.

You can be pushy to a support line such as the guys from
www.userfriendly.org, but you cannot to a guy who does this for free and
already sacrifices a lot of his free time.

Regards,