[Ecls-list] Latest fixes

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Mon Apr 11 03:27:06 UTC 2005

Hi,

sorry for the lack of responsiveness, but I've been away on a conference
and also applying for a job. I still found some time to work on several
bugs, with changes being listed below:

+ DEFVAR/DEFPARAMETER are no longer treated specially by the compiler
(Part of an ongoing effort to fix and simplify the compilation of
toplevel forms)

+ Variables defined in toplevel DEFVAR/DEFPARAMETER forms are now
recognized by the compiler as special.

+ I have reimplemented DEFCBODY, DEFENTRY and DEFLA. The documentation
for the FFI has been slightly improved.

+ The documentation of the compiler library is no longer stored in
SYS:HELP.DOC. Fixes an error message when invoking (DOCUMENTATION '+
'FUNCTION).

+ The optimizers for slot access have been fixed. Now, optimization only
happens for variables which are declared to be of STANDARD-OBJECT type.

+ All classes have a DOCUMENTATION slot.

Regards,