[Ecls-list] Latest fixes

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Oct 27 05:55:01 UTC 2004

> P.S.: I think for the installation you should consider a more
> flexible
> scheme that does not hardcode the directory in the Makefile,
> but rather
> uses some temporary directory + the NSI program and script in
> src/util/
> for producing self-installing executables. You simply have to
> mimic what
> the mingw32 port does. Furthermore, you should understand
> that ECL is a
> relocatable executable, that for the WIN32 port does not have the
> installation directory hard-coded in the program: it just
> assumes that,
> wherever ecl.exe is, the libraries and headers and other
> files will also
> be there.

Attached is a patch that makes ECL independent of the installation
directory (all hard-coded paths have been removed). What it does:
1) computes the "SYS:" directory at run-time from the DLL location
using "GetModuleFileName"; to do this, I introduced the function
si::get-library-pathname; this should work in all cases.
2) computes include and library dir from the "SYS:" directory as
it is done under UNIX (this removes some #-msvc declarations).
3) fixes a problem in homedir_pathname which assumed that the
directory separator is always '/'.
4) add support for NSIS in Makefile's, using a flatten installation;
ecl_nsi.bat should be put into msvc\util\ directory.

Michael.