[Ecls-list] Latest fixes

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Tue Oct 26 05:15:00 UTC 2004

> P.S.: I think for the installation you should consider a more
> flexible
> scheme that does not hardcode the directory in the Makefile,
> but rather
> uses some temporary directory + the NSI program and script in
> src/util/
> for producing self-installing executables. You simply have to
> mimic what
> the mingw32 port does. Furthermore, you should understand
> that ECL is a
> relocatable executable, that for the WIN32 port does not have the
> installation directory hard-coded in the program: it just
> assumes that,
> wherever ecl.exe is, the libraries and headers and other
> files will also
> be there.

In the same idea, wouldn't be better to also make compiler stuff
dependent on the logical host "sys"? For example in cmpcfg.lsp:

(setq *cc-flags* (format nil "-I~A" (translate-logical-pathname "sys:h;")))

AFAIK, alls path are hard-coded in the compiler code, whatever the
system (unix or win32).

Michael.