[Ecls-list] Re: Input and output to subprocesses?

Richard M Kreuter kreuter at progn.net
Wed Nov 24 21:41:50 UTC 2004

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <lisp at arrakis.es> writes:

> There is such a facility and it is called EXT::RUN-PROGRAM. The
> function signature is
>     (EXT:RUN-PROGRAM COMMAND-NAME ARG-LIST &KEY
>        (INPUT :STREAM) (OUTPUT :STREAM) (ERROR T))

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, while this works for me on Debian
GNU/Linux sarge x86, it doesn't on NetBSD 2.0 x86. A child ecl is
forked, but it doesn't seem to get as far as exec'ing anything. If I
can find the time (maybe this weekend), I'll see if I can figure out
why not.

How gdb friendly is ecl?

--
Richard