[Ecls-list] ECL 0.9d NSI build under Windows

Brian Algeri bdasp at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 19 11:34:08 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Just a couple of notes on what I had to do to get the new ECL 0.9d release
to build under
Windows XP using Mingw with Msys.

I configured with the following:
./configure --with-cmuformat --enable-simple-conf

Then I make with the following:
make windows-nsi

In order to get the make to build properly:
1.  I had to edit the Msys /etc/profile adding the NSIS path for
makensis.exe.
2.  I had to edit the nsi script ecl-0.9d/src/util/ecl.nsi commenting out
line 24.
    The script could not find the "${ECLDIR}\doc\Copyright" file.

After these changes the ecl-0.9d.exe file was created successfully.

I hope this helps someone who also uses ECL under windows.

Brian