[Ecls-list] Fix for --enable-local-boehm?

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll lisp at arrakis.es
Thu Nov 4 01:53:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

I am thinking about disabling the flag --enable-local-boehm entirely,
because no distribution is installing the private headers. This is a
little stupid, because these headers contain code which is useful to
customize and optimize the way in which the garbage collector works.
ECL, for instance, uses this to reduce the amount of memory that needs
to be scanned for pointers, and to allow ECL to garbage collect
dynamically loaded libraries. I do not know yet what a better solution
would be. Suggestions are welcome.

Regards,