[Ecls-list] cannot cross compile ecl 0.9c

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Mon Mar 1 00:23:00 UTC 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 04:15, Larry Clapp wrote:
> In the meantime, I've gotten ecl to compile natively on my target
> platform (a Sharp Zaurus), although I had to comment out GMP's
> configure script complaining about unsigned division not working in
> gcc 2.95.3 for the arm cpu series.  I haven't seen any errors yet
> (though I haven't done much bignum division, either :), and I don't
> think I'll have much use for bignums in my target application, but
> we'll see.  If it turns out I'm wrong, well, hopefully cross compiling
> will work by then!  :)

Great news! You should know that 1) cross-compiling does not bring anything
better than native compilig, and 2) bignums _are_ used during compilation
(for the typechecking algorithm), so if GMP had to cause you some problems
you should know by now. If you want to make sure that your native version
is good, run the tests (make tests) and compare the output with that of
a supported platform. If you used the same flags during compilation, you
can also compare the C files in the lsp, clos and cmp directories. The
differences should be minimal.