[Ecls-list] compile-file dropping into debugger

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Sun Jun 20 01:45:03 UTC 2004

Julian Stecklina wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I successfully built ECL with --enable-local-gmp today, so I was quite
>excited to see whether my X-Chat plugin still compiles, but I got this
>error that does not seem to be dependent on input files:
>

>>(compile-file "xchat-system")

>;;; Calling the C compiler...
>;;; Invoking external command: gcc -g -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -fstrict-aliasing -Dfreebsd -O -I/usr/local/lib/ecl//h -w -c xchat-system.c -o xchat-system.o
>"/usr/local/lib/ecl/" is not of type LIST.
>Broken at COMPILE-FILE.

It's my fault: I keep two CVS trees, one local, and the one from
SourceForge. When producing the windows port, because the list of
arguments to gcc changed, I had to move many files, but cmpcfg.lsp got
somehow was not updated. What strucks me is that this was fixed
yesterday morning, early. Seems that Sourceforge keeps the policy of
updating the anonymous CVS server a bit later.

Regards,

Max-Planck-Institut fuer Quantenoptik	+49/(0)89/32905-345
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, D-85748		www.mpq.mpg.de/Theorygroup/CIRAC/
Garching b. Muenchen, Germany		Juan.Ripoll at mpq.mpg.de