[Ecls-list] with-local-gmp

Erik Winkels aerique at xs4all.nl
Sat Feb 7 09:59:03 UTC 2004

Hi,

It's been a while since I've done any real coding so please bear with
my simple question: How do I use cl_write_object?

I've grepped through the documentation for "write_object" and checked
the ECL sources but it has yet to dawn on me how to use the function.

(I haven't tried the mailinglist archives: SourceForge won't let me
 search them.)

See the simple code example at the end of this e-mail.  Is it possible
to use the function in more-or-less this manner?

I like to use the power of _write_object from c/print.d in the ECL
sources so that I don't have to write something similar in my own code
as I do now in the if-clause of the code below.

Thanks,
Erik.

---------------------------- code snippet start  ---------------------
    #include "ecl.h"

    #define MAX_STRING_LENGTH 80

    int main (int argc, char *argv[])
    {
        cl_object form, result;
        char string[MAX_STRING_LENGTH + 1] = {'\0'};

        cl_boot(argc, argv);

        while (1)
        {
            printf("? ");
            fgets(string, MAX_STRING_LENGTH, stdin);

            form = c_string_to_object(string);
            result = si_safe_eval(1, form);

            if (type_of(result) == t_string) {
                printf("\"%s\"\n", result->string.self);
            } else {
                printf("Output format not implemented. "
                       "Trying cl_write_object: ");
                cl_write_object(result);
                printf("\n");
            }