[Ecls-list] Newbie question

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Dec 20 00:09:00 UTC 2004

> Hi,
>
> I am just getting started with ECL and I want to say in
> advance that this
> looks like a fantastic lisp; I wish I had discovered it years
> ago! A big
> thank you to Juan et al for maintaining it.
>
> I am trying to build a basic program that relies on some
> external libs,
> (specifically SDL and OpenGL). I can use ecl to generate the
> C and then
> compile it with my own makefile but I dont know how to make ecl _just_
> generate the C (and not go on to fail to compile the file and
> interrupt
> the rest of my build script). Is there a combination of :options I'm
> missing?
>
> Also, is there really no way ecl can compile (and load?)
> objects linked
> with libraries it itself was not linked with? Is it just easier to
> recompile ecl with all the -l and -I's I need?

Yes, there is, but it's maybe not very well documented :-)
In my case, I'm compiling some LISP code and linked it with
MATLAB libraries. To do that, I overwrite the variables
c::*cc-flags* and c::*ld-bundle-flags* like this:

(let ((c::*cc-flags* (concatenate 'string c::*cc-flags*
                                          " -ID:/Tools/Matlab/extern/include"))
      (c::*ld-bundle-flags*
        (concatenate 'string c::*ld-bundle-flags*
                     " /LIBPATH:D:/Tools/Matlab/extern/lib/win32/microsoft/msvc60 libmx.lib libmex.lib")))
  (compile-file "mexiface.lsp"))

Michael.