[Ecls-list] problems with c:build-program

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Apr 23 05:51:12 UTC 2004

Larry Clapp wrote:

>Erik Winkels said:
>
>>Can you list the precise steps you want us to reproduce?  I'm
>>not even able to use c:build-program with two files in
>>:lisp-files, only using one .o-file works for me.
>>
>Sure, sorry.  Here are the steps:[...]
>is works in stock 0.9b, but not in recent CVS (4/14?) of 0.9d.

I am not sure what the error is, but I cannot reproduce it with the
latest (4/20) CVS version (see below). Did you remove any previous
version of ECL before installing? It may happen that old files have not
been replaced (C headers, etc). That should not be the case, but please
try removing ECL and installing from scratch.

Regards

Juanjo

--------------

jlr at here> echo '(defun foo1 () t)' > foo.lisp
jlr at here> echo '(defun foo2 () t)' > bar.lisp
jlr at here> echo '(defun foo3 () t)' > baz.lisp
jlr at here> ecl

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9d
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
    ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
 > (compile-file "foo" :system-p t)
(compile-file "bar" :system-p t)
(compile-file "baz" :system-p t)
(c:build-program "myecl" :lisp-files '("foo" "bar" "baz"))

[...]
;;; Invoking external command: gcc -o myecl -L/home/jlr/lib/ecl/ myecl.o
foo.o bar.o baz.o  -Wl,--rpath,/home/jlr/lib/ecl/  -lecl -lgmp -lgc -ldl -lm
#P"myecl"
Top level.

jlr at here> ./myecl

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9d
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
    ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
 > (foo1)
Top level.