[Ecls-list] Cross-compilation status update

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Sat Sep 20 02:16:02 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 16 September 2003 14:52, Eugene Zaikonnikov wrote:
> No, I've been using Boehm. The problem is, when I configure with the
> option of --disable-boehm, build process breaks at compilation of
> src/c/alloc.d. It looks like there's a problem with expanding the
> lispy @-macros. The error log is attached.

I've had a look at it. I fixed some warnings related to #ifdefs, but that
should not be the problem. It seems as if the "dpp" program was producing
wrong output, because the error log mentions some colons ":", which I do not
get in my machine. Could you send me the corresponding build/c/alloc.c to my
private e-mail address? (Just get in build/c and do "make alloc.c").

> Juan>  Also, if the compiler is linked in, it will try to locate a
> Juan>  file (${libdir}/ecl/sysfun.lsp). If your machine cannot reach
> Juan>  the files ECL needs, try removing the compiler from the code by
> Juan>  commenting out the :lisp-files line in build/compile.lsp:
> Juan>  (compiler::build-program #+(or cross stage1) "ecl" #-(or cross
> Juan>  stage1) "ecl2" ;; :lisp-files '(#+(and (not dlopen) WANTS-CMP)
> Juan>  cmp) :ld-flags '("-L./"))
>
> I've done that, but somehow it doesn't affects the size of generated
> executable. Maybe it wasn't linking in the compiler before that.. I'll
> tinker further here.

If you remove :lisp-files and its argument, and have the latest patches, the
compiler should not be linked statically together with ECL. Are you sure that
ECL is built as a statically linked program? If you are using some kind of
linux or bsd as target, it will not by default, and that will cause problems
if the shared libraries are not installed, or if the garbage collector does
not know how to deal with them in your system. I would recommend you to
configure with --disable-shared to discard this as a possible source of
errors.

Regards