[Ecls-list] Cross-compilation status update

Eugene Zaikonnikov viking at funcall.org
Fri Sep 12 13:00:36 UTC 2003

(Sorry for long delay: I've been preparing my pet project for release
lately.)

* "Juan" == Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es> writes:

Juan>  On Friday 25 July 2003 15:51, Eugene Zaikonnikov wrote:
>> The toolchain problem was fixed by copying a few header files.
>>
>> Currently, the problem is at the link stage at build/cmp/. After a
>> flood of unresolved symbol messages it prints: [...]  (SYSTEM
>> "/opt/snow-gcc/bin/mipsel-linux-gcc -o
>> /home/viking/work/ecl-0.9/build/cmp.so
>> -L/home/viking/work/ecl-0.9/build/ [...]
>> /home/viking/work/ecl-0.9/build/cmp/cmpcfg.o ") returned non-zero
>> value 1 Broken at C::SAFE-SYSTEM.

Juan>  From here I see that your system is trying to compile with
Juan>  support for shared libraries. Try disabling it by _not_ setting
Juan>  SHARED_LDFLAGS in aclocal.m4.

OK, now I got past that (for some reason, in build/compile.lisp at
(sbt::operate-on-system cmp #-dlopen :library #+dlopen
:shared-library) dlopen feature was set), and I finally got an
executable :)

However, it (surprise) segfaults when attempted to run on the
device. I've attached strace output; could you point from that on the
problems that might have occurred?

--
  Eugene