[Ecls-list] ECL-0.9c bugfix release (with open bugs)

Robert Lehr bozzio at the-lehrs.com
Fri Oct 31 07:23:01 UTC 2003

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 09:17:37AM +0100, Julian St. wrote:
> On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:06:20 -0800
> Robert Lehr <bozzio at the-lehrs.com> wrote:
>
> > Now when I try to link my programs against ECL, it fails because it
> > cannot find libclos.
>
> I worked around this by entering the build/ directory in the ECL sources
> and issued 'gmake'. You should see libclos and the ecl binary being
> build. Then I copied all the missing .a's into /usr/local/lib/ecl/
>

> > After that, I removed the '-lclos' and the '-llsp' from 'ecl-config'.
> > It seemed to link normally, except that 'ld.so' cannot find
> > 'libecl.so'.
>
> You probably have to add /usr/local/lib/ecl to your shared library
> search path, so the runtime linker can find libecl.so. On FreeBSD this
> works with 'ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/ecl'. There should perhaps be a
> script that does this after OS startup.

I am glad that slept after I sent this.  I was tired.

After reading your email, I realized that I had forgotten to add /usr/lib/ecl to
my /etc/ld.so.conf.  I was too tired to think this even with ldconfig screaming
at me every time I tested the RPM.

I will update the RPM spec file to fix this.  Non-RPM users?  I don't know.
Nowadays, I don't know how people live without package-managers.

OK, Juan?  Or do you have other ideas for fix this?

--

Robert Lehr
bozzio at the-lehrs.com