[Ecls-list] ECL-0.9c bugfix release (with open bugs)

Julian St. der_julian at web.de
Fri Oct 31 00:19:04 UTC 2003

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 23:06:20 -0800
Robert Lehr <bozzio at the-lehrs.com> wrote:

> Now when I try to link my programs against ECL, it fails because it
> cannot find libclos.

I worked around this by entering the build/ directory in the ECL sources
and issued 'gmake'. You should see libclos and the ecl binary being
build. Then I copied all the missing .a's into /usr/local/lib/ecl/

> After that, I removed the '-lclos' and the '-llsp' from 'ecl-config'.
> It seemed to link normally, except that 'ld.so' cannot find
> 'libecl.so'.

You probably have to add /usr/local/lib/ecl to your shared library
search path, so the runtime linker can find libecl.so. On FreeBSD this
works with 'ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/ecl'. There should perhaps be a
script that does this after OS startup.

Don't know what OS you're running, but if it supports autostarting
scripts in rc.d/ try something like this there:

#!/bin/sh

case "$1" in
start|restart)
    if [ -d /usr/local/lib/ecl ]; then
        /sbin/ldconfig -m /usr/local/lib/ecl
    fi
    ;;
stop)
    ;;
esac

HTH

> I am too tired to effectively isolate this problem myself.  Also, I am
> focused on getting ECL linked into my program, i.e. learning the C
> interface.  I hope that an easy fix is available.

The C interface seems pretty easy to use after a bit of trying out.
Still haven't figured out how to link the compiled lisp parts to the C
host application, though...

Regards,
Julian
--