[Ecls-list] Please do not use CVS

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Sun Nov 9 01:52:07 UTC 2003

On Saturday 08 November 2003 18:58, Robert Lehr wrote:
> Use of branches would alleviate this problem.

Yes, but I already have enough problems handling a single branch, and ensuring
that it is up to date on five different computers.

> > after a sudden inspiration, support for dynamically loading compiled
> > files will arrive to ECL/OSX.
> So "load" does not work on OSX?  Or is this different?

LOAD, both on windows and on OSX, could only load lisp sources (i.e. S-forms
that are bytecompiled and executed) and COMPILE could only produce object
files that can be statically linked to form a new program. With the new
changes, OSX boxes can now compile lisp files to produce FASL files, i.e.
machine code files that can be loaded at run time. As a side effect, the
runtime is also now a shared library.