[Ecls-list] Any support for a ~/.eclinit.lisp?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Jun 27 07:54:13 UTC 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 16:38, Dave Pearson wrote:
> <URL:http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=2352&group_id=1>
> might explain things. If I'm reading it right it means that those of us
> using anonymous CVS to get the sources can't actually get at the latest
> sources (it also explains all the other problems I've been having while
> trying to set this up today).

Hmm, that is bad. That means that anonymous users get access to a backup of
the CVS tree, so that everybody must wait at least one day to get fixes.
Their solution to the problem is not much better: they offer to make nightly
tarballs of the latest sources, so that people may download them. But that
means downloading a 9Mb file everytime you want a tiny fix!! :-/

Sorry, if it helps, my computer keeps updating the
http://ecls.sf.net/patch-0.9-current.gz file every now and then (That is <
80K). You can use it against the latest release of ECL.