[Ecls-list] Any support for a ~/.eclinit.lisp?

Dave Pearson davep at davep.org
Fri Jun 27 05:59:13 UTC 2003

* Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es> [2003-06-27 12:23:59 +0200]:

> On Friday 27 June 2003 10:43, Dave Pearson wrote:
>
> > I doubt that it would work on GNU/Linux either because, IIRC, you're
> > right, the C library doesn't generally understand what "~" means as it's
> > a shell thing:
>
> Yes, but theoretically, ECL processes the leading "~" and transforms it
> into the value of the home directory. Therefore, the real problem might
> have been the use of getpw(), which is the routine used for this purpose.

Ahh, right, my apologies, I thought you were saying that it was expected
that the C library would just grok "~" and do the right thing.

> > Thanks, I'll give this a try (actually it's probably about time I did
> > start to pull ecl from CVS).
>
> Glad to hear that. The fix is already in CVS together with some other
> minor changes in CLOS.

I've just this moment done an update to a slightly earlier initial pull from
CVS and:

,----
| davep at hagbard:/usr/local/src/ecl/src/lsp$ grep "def.*init-file" top.lsp
| ;(defvar *lisp-init-file-list* '("./init" "~/.ecl"))
| (defvar *lisp-init-file-list* '("./init")
`----

Oh, wait, am I supposed to be using some special branch or something?

--
Dave Pearson
http://www.davep.org/