[Ecls-list] Any support for a ~/.eclinit.lisp?

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Jun 27 03:25:05 UTC 2003

On Friday 27 June 2003 10:43, Dave Pearson wrote:
> I doubt that it would work on GNU/Linux either because, IIRC, you're right,
> the C library doesn't generally understand what "~" means as it's a shell
> thing:

Yes, but theoretically, ECL processes the leading "~" and transforms it into
the value of the home directory. Therefore, the real problem might have been
the use of getpw(), which is the routine used for this purpose.

> Thanks, I'll give this a try (actually it's probably about time I did start
> to pull ecl from CVS).

Glad to hear that. The fix is already in CVS together with some other minor
changes in CLOS.

Best regards,