[Ecls-list] Latest changes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Thu Jul 31 09:51:19 UTC 2003

The latest additions to cvs:

* The changes to CLOS which I mentioned long ago are now in CVS. Further
improvements will probably have to wait until I come back from holidays.

* I have fixed a bug in FLOAT-DIGITS: the number of _decimal_ digits would be
output. It still remains to be fixed FLOAT-PRECISION. Does anybody know how
to retrieve this information in a portable way?

* I have ported CMUCL's FORMAT to ECL. It can be selected using
--with-cmuformat at configuration time and it shows as :CMU-FORMAT in
*features* I warn you, though, that this implementation is LARGE. It
currently adds over 60k to ECL. It is there because it is slightly better
than ECL's old routine, and because I would like to work on it making it
smaller and faster.

* A dumb FORMATTER has been implemented. It produces just a function which
calls FORMAT, and it works with and without --with-cmuformat.

I noticed that ECL no longer builds on CYGWIN. I currently haven't this
environment in my laptop and cannot check it. The problem seems to be related
to the header <inttypes.h>. Could somebody have a look at the problem?

Regards,