[Ecls-list] doc strings for define-condition

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Tue Jul 15 07:13:06 UTC 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 14:45, Edi Weitz wrote:
>   > (define-condition foo () () (:documentation "foo"))
>
>   Wrong number of arguments passed to function (SETF DOCUMENTATION).
>
> I think this is a bug (CVS version from some weeks ago).

It is a bug. Old Cltl2 code used
	(setf (documentation 'foo) "foo")
where it should be
	(setf (documentation 'foo 'type) "foo")
Furthermore, I have fixed a couple other errors which broke MK-DEFSYSTEM and
your HTML-TEMPLATE package (http://weitz.de/html-template/), which now
compiles and passes your test suite. Hmmm, if I ever have time I should
rewrite our webserver using this library. The code now is a huge bunch of
format strings that nobody else but me understands :-)

For the fixed version: either get the latest CVS tomorrow or use
http://ecls.sf.net/patch-0.9-current

Regards,