[Ecls-list] Linux/Alpha 64 bits port

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Thu Jul 3 03:20:08 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am proud to announce that ECL now compiles and runs under Linux/Alpha in
statically linked mode, using the full 64 bit mode.

For those adventurous who would like to try new architectures, I had to do
almost nothing for porting ECL to this system: only fixing one buffer
overflow in "write_bignum()", one wrong "int" declaration and one wrong
function declaration; all in all, one hour last night.

The changes have been uploaded to CVS. People with anonymous CVS access will
get access to the latest sources about tomorrow. However, I remind you that my
computer creates regularly a patch file that can be applied to the latest
release (i.e. 0.9) and contains all of the latest changes

        http://ecls.sf.net/patch-0.9-current.gz

Best regards