[Ecls-list] Solaris/SPARC port

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Tue Jul 1 06:15:22 UTC 2003

Hi,

I am proud to announce that ECL now compiles and runs under Solaris/SPARC.
Finally the environment works not only in statically linked mode, but also
allows compiling and loading lisp code in the form of dynamically linked
libraries.

The changes have been uploaded to CVS. People with anonymous CVS access will
get access to the latest sources about tomorrow --- you know, SourceForge has
a strange policy regarding CVS these days ---. However, I remind you that my
computer creates regularly a patch file that can be applied to the latest
release (i.e. 0.9) and contains all of the latest changes

	http://ecls.sf.net/patch-0.9-current.gz

I am looking for volunteers that take the task of maintaining other ports:
FreeBSD, NetBSD, Cygwin, etc. The amount of work is now minimal, as it will
be porting to other 32-bit environments (Solaris/Intel???, Linux/ARM, ...).

Best regards

	Juanjo

bash-2.03$ hostname
usf-cf-sparc-solaris-2
bash-2.03$ ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
        ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (compile 'foo '(lambda (x) (1+ x)))
;;; Warning: PROCLAIM is being redefined.
;;; Warning: COMPILE-FILE-PATHNAME is being redefined.
;;; Warning: COMPILE-FILE is being redefined.
;;; Warning: COMPILE is being redefined.
;;; Warning: DISASSEMBLE is being redefined.
;;; Warning: WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT is being redefined.
;;; End of Pass 1.
;;; Calling the C compiler...
"gcc -g -O2 -fstrict-aliasing -Dsun4sol2  -O
-I/home/users/j/jj/jjgarcia/lib/ecl//h -w -c /tmp/ecl001zTaixO.c -o
/tmp/ecl001zTaixO.o"
"gcc  -dy -G -o /tmp/ecl001zTaixO.so -L/home/users/j/jj/jjgarcia/lib/ecl/
/tmp/ecl001zTaixO.o  "
;;; OPTIMIZE levels: Safety=2, Space=0, Speed=3
FOO
NIL
NIL
Top level.