[Ecls-list] CMU format

Julian St. der_julian at web.de
Mon Dec 15 10:51:03 UTC 2003

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 10:35:45 +0100
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es> wrote:

> The idea of porting the pretty printer
> makes me a little bit sick, because, opposite to the AMOP or CLOS,
> where the specification itself can be directly translated into code,
> the pprinter is a very ugly and complicated piece of work. And CMUCL's
> relies on CMU streams, which complicates the port.

I am going to inspect this this evening, perhaps there's a way to neatly
work around it for the moment. (But seeing the wall of snow outside my
window, I guess this email won't be delivered until then anyway... The
network I am on is connected to the internet via laser)

> Happy hacking,

My ultimate goal is to get ASDF running with ECL. The pprinter issue is
at the moment the last object that breaks it. But as pretty printing is
not essential for it to function anyway...

Btw, I've added :case keywords to all pathname functions that require it
in my local source tree. I'll make a diff, if it is sufficiently
de-uglified.

Regards,
--
Julian Stecklina