[Ecls-list] Summary of recent changes in CVS
Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll
jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Tue Oct 8 10:42:03 UTC 2002
* Errors fixed:
- When installing, ECL would not build all required directories.
- Symbol BUILD-PROGRAM should be exported from package C.
* System design:
- Global variables READsuppress, READdefault_float_format,
READtable, and READbase have been removed. The corresponding
special variables are used instead.
- No need for function read_object_recursive(), since read_object()
is equivalent to it.
- Changed the algorithm of the list reader. A dot which is not
escaped is read as a symbol SI::. which is recognized by
LEFT-PARENTHESIS-READER. This avoids using global variables
"in_list_flag" and "dot_flag".
* Visible changes:
- New functions SI:SAFE-EVAL and cl_safe_eval() allow the user to
evaluate code with errors without jumping into the
debugger. Useful when embedding ECL in other programs.
* ANSI compatibility:
- READ and READ-PRESERVING-WHITESPACE behave the same when
RECURSIVE-P is NIL. Furthermore, EOF is detected when EOF-ERROR-P
is true, regardless of the value of RECURSIVE-P.
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Quantenoptik +49/089/32905-127
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, D-85748 www.arrakis.es/~worm
Garching b. Muenchen, Germany worm at arrakis.es
More information about the ecl-devel