[Ecls-list] Patches for defsystem and fixes for ECL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Nov 18 01:13:01 UTC 2002

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es> writes:

> I think this time I made the patches right. There were some issures with the
> only IN-PACKAGE form in defsystem.lisp, because it uses non-standard
> arguments :nicknames, or something like that. I had also forgoten to add
> support for invoking unix shell commands via #'si:system.
>
> The following had to be fixed in ECL
>
> + FILENAME-NAMESTRING was broken
>
> + WITH-COMPILATION-UNIT now implemented and does nothing.
>
> + ENSURE-DIRECTORIES-EXIST now implemented.
>
> + New logical hostname "HOME:" has the translation
> 	("**/*.*" "~/**/*.*")
>
> + Wildcard-directory "**" now works... I hope. At least someting like
> "home:dira;dirb;dirc;name.lisp" gets properly translated to
> "~/dira/dirb/dirc/name.lisp".
>
> Best regards
>
> Juanjo

Is defsystem supposed to work with ECL now? This morning I did 'cvs
update' for ECL and CLOCC and rebuilt ECL as well as defsystem but I'm
still stuck with the same error:

  edi at bird:~ > ecl
  ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.7b
  Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
  Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
  Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
          ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
  under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
  Type :h for Help.  Top level.
  > (load "/usr/local/lisp/defsystem_ecl")
  #P"/usr/local/lisp/defsystem_ecl.so"
  > mk:*central-registry*
  Cannot find the external symbol *CENTRAL-REGISTRY* in #<"MAKE" package>.
  Top level.

Cheers,
Edi.