[Ecls-list] Re: Patches for defsystem and fixes for ECL

Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll worm at arrakis.es
Fri Nov 15 00:58:02 UTC 2002

On Thursday 14 November 2002 14:02, Marco Antoniotti wrote:
> > From: Juan Jose Garcia Ripoll <worm at arrakis.es>
> > Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 20:13:09 -0800
> > Cc: ecls-list at lists.sourceforge.net
> > gAEJEcqs026012 X-UIDL: %/8"!X at U"!EN4"!$+@"!
> >
> > I think this time I made the patches right. There were some issures with
> > the only IN-PACKAGE form in defsystem.lisp, because it uses non-standard
> > arguments :nicknames, or something like that. I had also forgoten to add
> > support for invoking unix shell commands via #'si:system.
>
> Ok.  Send me a set of patches.

Sorry, it should have come with the last message. I am afraid it was a long
day.

> This is better implemented as
>         `("**;*.*" ; <== Note the LP syntax.
>            ,(merge-pathnames (make-pathname :directory '(:relative
> :wild-inferiors)
>                                             :name :wild
>                                             :type :wild)
>                              (user-homedir-pathname)))

I do not understand the safety problem very well. When ECL parses a string
into a pathname, the leading "~" is always replaced with the user's home
directory. For instance,
	(pathname-directory "~/foo.lsp") => (:absolute "home" "worm")
Furthermore, when pathname translations are set, all strings are first
converted to pathnames, to make sure their validity. Therefore, at startup
	> (logical-pathname-translations "HOME")
	((#P"HOME:**;*.*" #P"/home/worm/**/*.*"))

Regads