[Ecls-list] Bug report - DEFPACKAGE

Dr. Edmund Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Jan 22 15:11:03 UTC 2002

Here's a bug report concerning DEFPACKAGE:

I had a Lisp file that contained the (wrong) line

  (defpackage "FACTEST" :use "COMMON-LISP")

Trying to compile this file resulted in a correct error message...

  > (compile-file "fac.lisp")
  ;;; Compiling fac.lisp.
  :USE is not a valid DEFPACKAGE option.
  Broken at COMPILE-FILE.

...but when I tried to leave the debugger I ended up in an infinite
loop and had to kill the ECL process:

  >> :q
  ;;; Compiling (DEFPACKAGE :FAC ...).
  ;;; The macro form (DEFPACKAGE ...) was not expanded successfully.
  ;;; You are recommended to compile again.
[...]

  [etc. ad inifinitum]

Cheers,
Edi.