[Ecls-list] Some minor glitches
Dr. Edmund Weitz
edi at agharta.de
Tue Jan 22 00:30:04 UTC 2002
Regarding my endeavours with embedding ECL into a C app, I encountered
a couple of minor glitches which I'll list here for reference:
Everything refers to the current CVS version, downloaded on Sunday,
January 20, and built with no particular configure options.
1. I couldn't built ECL out-of-the-box on my Linux machine. First, the
gc headers were not found, and afterwards 'libgc.a' wasn't found
which was hidden in 'build/gc/.libs/'. Both problems could easily
be fixed by manipulating the Makefile.
2. It should be noted in the developer documentation that the "C"
package is only available after the compiler has been loaded. I was
seriously puzzled when I got the message "There is no package with
the name C" also I knew that I had used this package before... :)
3. The symbol C:BUILD-ECLS is still there but the function with the
same name that's mentioned in the developer documentation seems to
be gone. Will it be replaced by C::BUILD-PROGRAM?
4. I think it would be nice if C::BUILD-PROGRAM and relatives also had
the :C-FILE, :H-FILE, and :DATA-FILE options so one could see what
kind of C code is generated.
5. Finally, what is the :SYSTEM-P flag used for that can be given as
an option to COMPILE-FILE? I didn't find documentation for it.
More information about the ecl-devel