[Ecls-list] setf, export and makefile fixes

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Mon Feb 18 03:29:02 UTC 2002

On Sunday 17 February 2002 23:05, Hannu Koivisto wrote:
> If there were both macro x and setf expander x defined, the macro
> was expanded first in (setf (x ...) ...).  I also recall there was
> actually no definition for make-instances-obsolete, but I renamed
> it anyway and retained there for the future.  Other changes should
> be obvious.

Thanks for the changes which really do enhace ANSI compatibility (four
failures in the ansi-test suite have now dissappeared). I have uploaded them
to SF.

Given the quality and the amount of fixes you have provided in the last
weeks, I wonder if you would like to have CVS write access to the repository.
You will need a SourceForge account to get CVS privileges.

Having more than one developer, the idea would be that involved fixes should
be revised by at least two persons, including a whole build from scratch and
a comparison of the results in both test suites.

If you have CVS access you do not need to state your name on the commit, and
only a general description of the commit should be provided (No need to
explicit the names of each file). I would appreciate if fixes are split into
small pieces whenever possible (Like in your previous e-mail, one fix for the
setf stuff, another commit for the doc/Makefile.in).

I would like to get a notification of each commit. I could not find this
facility in sourceforge so I would appreaciate if large fixes are announced
in the list and smaller fixes are sent at least to me by private e-mail.