[Ecls-list] building executables

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Tue Aug 27 09:41:05 UTC 2002

On Tuesday 27 August 2002 18:18, chas at uchicago.edu wrote:
> i've tried various combinations of things to invoke the program
>
> building function, to no avail. here are some examples:
> > (c::build-program)[1]
> There is no package with the name C.
> Top level.

The compiler is no longer loaded by default!!! See below:

ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.5
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
	ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Top level.
> (load "cmp")
#P"cmp.so"
> (c::build-program)
Function C::BUILD-PROGRAM requires more than one argument.
Broken at C::BUILD-PROGRAM.

The code above works for CVS. I do not have a 0.5 version to check it...
Definitively I should release 0.6 one of these days.

Max-Planck-Institut fuer Quantenoptik	+49/089/32905-127
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, D-85748		www.arrakis.es/~worm
Garching b. Muenchen, Germany		worm at arrakis.es