[Ecls-list] More changes regarding streams

Juan Jose Garcia-Ripoll jlr at mpq.mpg.de
Tue Aug 27 09:34:07 UTC 2002

* Visible changes and ANSI compatibility:

  - New configuration flag --with-clos-streams, enable the user to
    define CLOS objects which behave as lisp streams. Such object must
    have the following methods defined: STREAM-INPUT-P,
    STREAM-OUTPUT-P, STREAM-READ-CHAR, STREAM-UNREAD-CHAR,
    STREAM-LISTEN, STREAM-CLEAR-INPUT, STREAM-WRITE-CHAR,
    STREAM-CLEAR-OUTPUT, STREAM-FORCE-OUTPUT, STREAM-CLOSE.

  - LOAD accepts now a stream as input parameter. However, in this
    case it only tolerates lisp source files, not compiled files or
    libraries. For example, (LOAD (OPEN "foo.lsp")) is equivalent
    to (LOAD "foo.lsp").

Notice that two methods were added: STREAM-INPUT-P and STREAM-OUTPUT-P. But
perhaps the most important change is that LOAD now accepts streams as input
argument. This means, that if we define a CLOS object which reads in a ZIP
file, we will be able to load source files from a ZIP file.

Regards

--
Max-Planck-Institut fuer Quantenoptik	+49/089/32905-127
Hans-Kopfermann-Str. 1, D-85748		www.arrakis.es/~worm
Garching b. Muenchen, Germany		worm at arrakis.es