[Ecls-list] About possible projects

Marco Antoniotti marcoxa at cs.nyu.edu
Fri Nov 30 06:08:09 UTC 2001

> From: worm <worm at arrakis.es>
> Sender: ecls-list-admin at lists.sourceforge.net
> Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 18:45:42 GMT
>
> Remitente: Alexander S A Kjeldaas <Alexander.Kjeldaas at fast.no>
> > Are you planning on implementing real thread support using a pthreads
> > library, a user-land threads implementation, or something else? The
> > threads support that I have seen documented in the manual looks like
> > user-land threads, but real thread support would be a _lot_ more
> > useful I think.
>
> I think it would be nice to first get the userland threads working and
> then move on to the different posix threads of each implementation. That
> should be the least painful path and it would provide us with a portable
> implementation of threads for environments without this type of
> things.

As long as the thread interface follows the semi-standard CLIM-SYS
one....

One of the floating criticism of EcoLisp "threads" was that they were
"different" (although interesting).

Cheers

719 Broadway 12th Floor                 fax  +1 - 212 - 995 4122
                    "Hello New York! We'll do what we can!"
                           Bill Murray in `Ghostbusters'.