[Ecls-list] Embedding ECL in a portable app

Andrew Topp talmakion at yahoo.com.au
Sun Dec 2 00:20:02 UTC 2001

Thanks for the tips, I'm currently experimenting with
using mingw-built libs and dlls on cygwin, and getting
ecls to compile on Cygwin. The first I don't see any
problems with (haven't tried it yet), the second
didn't go too well my first try. I'm getting an
upgraded Cygwin asap (got 1.1.3 atm).

Only prob is I don't really like people having to
compile CS using mingw then requiring cygwin to
compile UC.

Something along the lines of separating the embedded
parts of ecls into a precompiled DLL for windows may
work. The rest of UC would then be compiled using
mingw; I like it better, its free of all the hacks
cygnus uses to emulate POSIX.

I'll get back to you after I've tried all this and
anything else I think up along the way:).

gmp seems to check for the mingw target.. dunno if it
works.

Thanks,

http://shopping.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Shopping
- Get organised for Christmas early this year!