[drakma-devel] drakma and non-ASCII content

Austin Haas austin at pettomato.com
Fri Mar 9 15:41:40 UTC 2012

You can also explicitly supply the value of the content-length as a
keyword argument to http-request. I use a wrapper that adds this:

  :content-length (if content
                      (babel:string-size-in-octets content :encoding :utf-8)
                      0)

I agree, though, that the default behavior can be surprising. It has
bitten me, too, and I've seen at least one other library built-on
Drakma that didn't account for it, either.

-austin

--
Austin Haas
Pet Tomato, Inc.