[drakma-devel] Re: CLISP problem with READ-SEQUENCE; patch

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sat Mar 22 03:36:00 UTC 2008

Pixel wrote:

> Aha!  I took a somewhat longer approach and mucked around with
> system::read-sequence and system::write-sequence to prefer byte-sequences
> over character-sequences (see attached).

Good idea. I wasn't aware that it is possible to redefine system
functions. At first sight this way it may be possible to fix
trivial-gray-stream so that trivial-gray-streams:stream-read-sequence
will always be called by cl:read-sequence and therefore eliminate
all #+clisp in all trivial-gray-streams depended libraries.