[drakma-devel] CHUNGA:INPUT-CHUNKING-UNEXPECTED-END-OF-FILE

Nico de Jager ndj at hivsa.com
Wed Jan 9 12:57:37 UTC 2008

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 13:34:14 +0200, Nico de Jager <ndj at hivsa.com> wrote:
>
>> I have a fingerprint scanning application, that uploads fingerprint
>> images using Drakma to a Hunchentoot server. Everything works great
>> as long as I don't use a secure connection. With https, I get a
>> CHUNGA:INPUT-CHUNKING-UNEXPECTED-END-OF-FILE condition on the
>> server, and "Timeout while writing 8192 bytes to
>> #<COMM:SOCKET-STREAM >" on the client. Sometimes the uploads are
>> successful with https, though.
Sorry for only replying now, I was away. Let me know if  need to repost my original message.

> It's hard to say something about this from here.  Are you able to
> generate a small, self-contained example that exposes the problem?
Yes, see the attached program. I also included a couple of images that fails _most_ of the time.

> What did you do to isolate the error?
Uhm, the attached example simply tries to upload a few image files (evaluate the function test-upload). *Important*: From Linux to XP/Linux all uploads work for both secure and non-secure attempts. From XP only non-secure uploads work. Secure uploads from XP will work about 5% of the time. I even tried it on different machines.

>  Does it work without the trivial-ldap module being loaded?
No, I removed trivial-ldap completely in the example.

>  Does it work with another Lisp
> implementation on the client or on the server side?
Uploads from
 LispWorks (Win32) to LispWorks or SBCL on Linux fails.
 LispWorks (Win32) to LispWorks on Win32 fails.
 SBCL (Linux) to Win32 LispWorks works.
 SBCL (Linux) to LispWorks and SBCL on Linux works.
 LispWorks (Linux) to LispWorks and SBCL on Linux works.
I don't have another CL for Win32. LispWorks 5.0.2 was used in all instances.

> Does it work if you use :CONTENT-LENGTH T in your Drakma request?
No, it does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks in advance.
Nico