[drakma-devel] eof error

Frank Schorr franks-muc at web.de
Thu Apr 3 21:10:53 UTC 2008

> On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 22:34:59 +0200, Frank Schorr <franks-muc at web.de> wrote:
>
> > This is on win32/5.0.2
>
> LispWorks, I assume.

Yes (version 5.0.2)

> > I receive an eof error when accessing a web page. Backtrace below.
> >
> > This happens occasionally, every second or third call to
> > HTTP-REQUEST, without regular pattern, when the call is made from a
> > muproc thread.  My code works fine when called from the ide.
>
> Hmm, hard to say without a reproducible test case.  Does it happen
> only with specific URLs or with arbitrary ones?

My code tries only one, parallel threads access the same web page,
but different URLs, because sessions are tracked.
But it works fine from the ide thread.

I will try to find a simple test case.

> > I suspect that the proper initial bindings should be made when the
> > thread is spawned, but I was not able to get this done.
>
> Which initial bindings are you thinking of?

see

http://www.mu.dk/cl-muproc#muproc-spawn

used to set up and initialize special variables in the new thread.
I thought that every thread might want its own variable for
things like a current stream or something similar to be independent from
other threads. It was only guessing.