[drakma-devel] eof error

Chris Dean ctdean at sokitomi.com
Thu Apr 3 21:04:05 UTC 2008

Frank Schorr <franks-muc at web.de> writes:
> This is on win32/5.0.2
>
> I receive an eof error when accessing a web page. Backtrace below.
>
> This happens occasionally, every second or third call to HTTP-REQUEST,
> without regular pattern, when the call is made from a muproc thread.
> My code works fine when called from the ide.

What urls are you trying to fetch?  If they are local ones that are
known to be good that's one thing, but if your downloading from the
general internet EOF and other errors are likely.  To debug this we'll
need more information.

FWIW, I have used drakma to download millions of pages of data and
have not seen the problem you where every few fetches we get an EOF.
We do often see errors but those are just errors in the environment
(lost network connection, badly behaving server, etc).

Cheers,
Chris Dean