[drakma-devel] http-request error...

Erik Huelsmann ehuels at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 07:37:27 UTC 2007

On 10/12/07, Andrei Stebakov <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I run across this error time after time but it's really hard to reproduce
> but I can replicate exactly the same backtrace of the problem if instead of
> some valid http domain I choose any fake one.
> If I run:
> (drakma:http-request
>  "http://some-fake-domain.com"
>  :method :get
>  :parameters `(("param1" . "text")))
>
> The backtrace will be:
>
> The value 0
> is not of type
>   (OR (SINGLE-FLOAT (0.0)) (DOUBLE-FLOAT (0.0d0)) (INTEGER 1)).
>    [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]
>
> Restarts:
>  0: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
>  1: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.
>
> Backtrace:
>   0: (RANDOM 0)
>   1: (USOCKET::GET-RANDOM-HOST-BY-NAME
> "some-fake-domain.com")
>   2: (USOCKET:SOCKET-CONNECT " some-fake-domain.com" 80)
>   3: (DRAKMA:HTTP-REQUEST "http://some-fake-domain.com")
>   4: (SB-INT:SIMPLE-EVAL-IN-LEXENV
>       (DRAKMA:HTTP-REQUEST " http://some-fake-domain.com" :METHOD :GET
>                            :PARAMETERS '(("param1" . "text")))
>       #<NULL-LEXENV>)
>   5: ((LAMBDA ()))
>
> In my case it looks like sometimes even for the real domain it calls (RANDOM
> 0) which gives this log.
> Even if the domain is wrong do you think it should throw an exception?
> I use SBCL 1.0.5. with the latest drakma and usocket ( usocket-0.3.2).

I'll have a look tonight, but I think I fixed this problem in newer
usocket releases already. The newest usocket is 0.3.5. [After looking
at the list of releases at the bottom of
http://common-lisp.net/project/usocket/] I think your problem may have
been fixed in usocket 0.3.3. (But again, I'll look at it later -
tonight)

bye,

Erik.