[drakma-devel] http-request error...

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Oct 12 07:11:59 UTC 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:05:46 -0400, "Andrei Stebakov" <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:

> I run across this error time after time but it's really hard to
> reproduce but I can replicate exactly the same backtrace of the
> problem if instead of some valid http domain I choose any fake one.
> If I run:
> (drakma:http-request
>  "http://some-fake-domain.com"
>  :method :get
>  :parameters `(("param1" . "text")))
>
> The backtrace will be:
>
> The value 0
> is not of type
>   (OR (SINGLE-FLOAT (0.0)) (DOUBLE-FLOAT (0.0d0)) (INTEGER 1)).
>    [Condition of type TYPE-ERROR]
>
> Restarts:
>  0: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
>  1: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.
>
> Backtrace:
>   0: (RANDOM 0)
>   1: (USOCKET::GET-RANDOM-HOST-BY-NAME "some-fake-domain.com")
>   2: (USOCKET:SOCKET-CONNECT "some-fake-domain.com" 80)
>   3: (DRAKMA:HTTP-REQUEST "http://some-fake-domain.com")
>   4: (SB-INT:SIMPLE-EVAL-IN-LEXENV
>       (DRAKMA:HTTP-REQUEST "http://some-fake-domain.com" :METHOD :GET
>                            :PARAMETERS '(("param1" . "text")))
>       #<NULL-LEXENV>)
>   5: ((LAMBDA ()))
>
> In my case it looks like sometimes even for the real domain it calls
> (RANDOM 0) which gives this log.  Even if the domain is wrong do you
> think it should throw an exception?  I use SBCL 1.0.5. with the
> latest drakma and usocket (usocket-0.3.2).

I'm afraid this looks like a usocket problem and you should ask on
their mailing list.  Andreas Fuchs and others convinced me to switch
Drakma from trivial-sockets to usocket, and one of their arguments was
that trivial-sockets is unmaintained while usocket has an active
developer community.  So, you can now check if they were right... :)

Cheers,
Edi.