[drakma-devel] Problem with pipelined requests

Didier Verna didier at lrde.epita.fr
Fri Jul 6 13:06:50 UTC 2007

       Hello,

I think this question has more to do with Slime, but I'm Cc'ing Drakma
because it might be related. I'm in a situation where
drakma:http-request seems to get stuck as soon as I want to retreive the
BODY of a request. To simplify consider something like this:

(defun foo ()
  (multiple-value-bind
	(body status headers from-uri from-stream must-close reason)
      (http-request ...)
    (values body headers)))

With *header-stream* set to standard output, I can see the transaction
going on until the end, but then the Slime repl doesn't return. I can
type comma and then slime commands, C-c C-c has no effect, and if I type
something in the repl buffer, I get this on the XEmacs minibuffer
window:

; pipelined request... (swank:listener-eval "
")

(note the CR)

On the contrary, if I comment out the (values ...) form in my function,
the request completes and Slime gives me the prompt back.

Any hint on what's going on would be appreciated. And BTW, how do I get
of such a situation in Slime ?

Thanks !

--
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/didierverna

Didier Verna, didier at lrde.epita.fr, http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier

EPITA / LRDE, 14-16 rue Voltaire   Tel.+33 (1) 44 08 01 85
94276 Le Kremlin-Bicêtre, France   Fax.+33 (1) 53 14 59 22   didier at xemacs.org