[drakma-devel] Re: [patch] drakma, support for connection-timeout on SBCL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sun Dec 23 22:09:33 UTC 2007

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 06:13:43 +0100, Stanislaw Halik <sthalik at tehran.lain.pl> wrote:

> As for the reason I haven't submitted the patch to usocket itself:
> usocket is a compatibility layer, comprising of features readily
> available in most of CL implementations. With socket timeouts
> supported so far by only for LispWorks and SBCL, I believe the patch
> would have no chances of getting accepted.

Let's do it like this:

1. Ask them.  That doesn't cost anything.  They can still offer to
   support timeouts and make that a no-op for implementations which
   don't have them (like Drakam does).  (Also, are you sure it's only
   LispWorks and SBCL?  Have you checked AllegroCL for example?)

2. If they say yes, that's fine and I'll update Drakma to work with
   the latest usocket release.

3. If they say no, let's talk about integrating your patch into
   Drakma.

Actually, I hope they say yes.  Several people tried to convince me to
switch Drakma from trivial-sockets to usocket because there's active
development over there...